HONESTY, RELIABILITY and TRUST
LIMSA was organized in 1933 to build consumer confidence in the Long Island moving industry. While descendants of some of the pioneer founding companies still manage moving and storage businesses on Long Island, new companies — large and small — become members every year, meeting very high performance standards and as well as LIMSA’s strict Code of Ethics. See also LIMSA’s Membership Standards.
LIMSA’s Code of Ethics
- Provide honest and accurate estimates in accordance with published tariffs.
- Adhere strictly to a policy of Truth in Advertising.
- Provide good, clean facilities and equipment operated by qualified personnel.
- Use improved methods of packaging/handling to ensure maximum safety of shipments.
- Comply with all rules and regulations set forth for our industry by the New York State Department of Transportation and any other regulatory agency governing our industry.
- Give fair and honest consideration to all complaints and to settle claims promptly and equitably within legal limitations.